Consumer protection laws in Israel (according to Israeli Law)
If I receive a written cancellation:
1. Up to 31 days before arrival date - full refund
2. Between 30 and 16 days before arrival - 75% refund
3. Between 15 and 8 days before arrival - 50% refund
4. No refunds after 7 days before arrival.
5. Cancellation of a specific program, activity, or Site booking while in Israel does not entitle you to a partial refund.
There are cancellation fees regardless of the reason, including medical and family issues. I strongly advise you to purchase separate, comprehensive travel insurance to cover unexpected cancellations.
* According to Israeli consumer law, remote transactions can be canceled without penalty fourteen days after purchase.
All customer service issues and refund requests must be made in writing and received within 14 days of your return. Refunds are subject to a $100 processing fee plus any hotel and/or supplier fees. Local representatives should substantiate claims for unused services in writing. Claim processing can take up to six weeks from the time I receive the necessary documents. No refunds will be given for unused package tour services or features, such as missed transfers due to airline changes and/or missed flights, unused meals, missed sightseeing tours, unused entrance fees, and accommodations. No one else may change the terms set forth, and any changes must be documented in writing. I am under no obligation to guarantee promises (written or verbal) made by local hotel staff, tour guides, or other individuals.
All prices are subject to change without notice and are based on exchange rates as of July 1, 2022(1USD=3.52NIS)
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policies for a Specific Trip
Unless otherwise specified for a specific trip, the above terms and conditions apply to all trips. Additional terms and conditions for each Israel trip can be found on the trip webpage or in the trip contract.